Friday, November 13, 2009

stupid cold, growing old

Thursday night's antics have left me basically bedridden. I have a terrible cold or something- I'm learning towards strep throat, throw in $1 drinks with the girls at an old haunt and you have trouble.

I started to feel a tad bit better yesterday and took advantage of the slightly improving health, but took it a little too far by breathing second hand smoke, trying to talk over blaring music and getting too little sleep. However, a night on the town was well worth it since I was getting stir crazy.





Last night has made me think
about growing older and possibly wiser. I have more fun inching closer to 30
than I ever did in my "prime". I'm much more at ease with myself, care less
about what others think and generally enjoy being me, imperfections, quirks and
all.

I get a kick out of watching the
younger crowd and it's dynamics, remembering how I was in my early 20's. Back
then, going out was just as imperative as a job. I was a slave to my cell phone,
fun and getting ready. Now, when I head out, it's purely about good times with
good people, not drinking and superficial interactions.

4 comments:

ScoMan said...

Sucks that you're still sick. I hope you get well soon. This cold cant last forever... can it?

It's a good thing you went out and had some fun though. You can't let your sickness beat you, because then the germs have one. And when the germs win, anarchy ensues.

Steph said...

@Scott: This cold must be some sort of pay back or something- I can't shake it.

No anarchy going to happen around here!

Me said...

I know exactly what you mean about what it meant to go out in my early 20's. It was SERIOUS!!! A little too serious. Now I take about 10 minutes to get ready and don't take how many times I get hit on as the equivalent of how good my night is going. lol Yeah, glad those days are over.

Steph said...

@Arnetta: LOL, it was very serious!